One year ago I sat down and thought about making goals for myself for the upcoming year and much to my surprise, I sat down tonight and reflected on those goals and I actually accomplished some of them. What are your goals for the New Year?
- Become more confident in my own skin – it’s a work in progress
- Increase my savings account – not by much, but it’s a work in progress.
- Drive a tractor – thanks to an open field and a patient and persistent best friend.
- Stay credit card debt free – I must have been dreaming when I made this goal!
- Stand up for myself a little bit more – again, a work in progress but it felt good to get a little more confident.
- Become stronger physically and mentally – I focused on the mental part in 2017. Physical is 2018.
- Tell someone exactly how I feel – even though the end result wasn’t what I was expecting, confidence played a key role here and I’m happy I got it off my chest.
- Go on an epic road trip – Baseball!
- Spend a little more time determining friends vs. acquaintances and focus on what and who is most important – yes, and it felt great! Still more to do here, though.
- Continue to challenge my comfort zone – yes, and while it’s frustrating, I know it’s worth it.
- Write a personal blog post at least once a month – nope, but it’s another challenge this year.
- Connect with and thank a few people from my past than challenged me to get to where I am today personally and professionally – yes, and it felt great to say a simple thank you to those who matter.
- Become physically stronger and healthier
- Stay credit card debt free (I’m well on my way!)
- Increase my savings account.
- Get a picture of my dad and I in front of a glacier in Alaska.
- Continue to fall in love with what I do every day and who I am.
- Unpack the boxes in my closets
- Donate unused clothes that don’t fit and that I don’t wear anymore
- Visit 5 friends in their hometowns for lunch or a visit on their farm
- Go on another road trip!
- Make a difference to someone or something.